Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where I'll share some of my Olympic experiences - training, travelling, competing and in-between.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Having just returned from China on the weekend, I am back at work trying to catch up on the last few weeks’ goings-on. My diary is suspiciously free for the rest of this week, but I am sure that will not last long…
Our recent trip was pretty busy - shipping delays meant our boats were late arriving due to fog and customs clearance. When they did arrive a lot of work was done to the boat we plan to use at the Olympics – fairing and deck layout adjustments among other things to help us cope with the light wind conditions we generally experience over there. We also got some really valuable training time almost every day with George and Brian, who I mentioned in my last post.
The algae has also been brought under control by way of netting (about 30 miles) set up around the edges of the course, and of course the huge efforts of the locals out on fishing vessels and the military.
We fly out again in a week and a half for the final ‘Olympic’ trip to China…

No comments: